As a Graduate Student, we recommend getting started early by working with CPD to identify your career goals and develop a strategy for achieving them. Below are some ideas for making the most of your time at Emory.
Learn more about Graduate School
- Meet regularly with CPD Career Coaches to conduct mock-interviews and develop your networking strategy, seeking feedback on your communication with alumni, parents, and companies of interest
- Login to Handshake to set up a job search agent to track opportunities of interest, and monitor On-Campus Recruiting activities, such as employer information sessions, companies conducting interviews on campus, and preparation workshops
- Bookmark the Career and Professional Development website to stay updated on workshops, fairs and expos, programs, internships and job opportunities
- Attend our industry-specific events to explore job and internship opportunities at companies that recruit at Emory
- Apply for a Graduate-specific national or international fellowship that provides academic and professional experience related to your career goals
- Update your LinkedIn profile with new accomplishments and continue researching Emory alumni career paths and companies of interest
- Join the LinkedIn Emory Official Alumni Association group to connect with thousands of Eagles working at companies and fields of interest
- Schedule an appointment with a CPD Career Coach to practice negotiating your salary and strategize on how to evaluate competing offers successfully
- Reconnect with your advisor and key faculty members to update them on your career plan, inviting them to provide feedback on your job search strategy
See the resource links below:
Emory provides complete advising and support services to those students looking to pursue a career in the Health Professions through the Pre-Health Advising Office.
Law Career Community
The decision to become a lawyer is, at its core, a career decision. Employing self-exploration, career exploration, action planning, and implementation of your individual established plan our office ensures each student is supported throughout their journey.
Grad School Fair
Emory’s annual Grad School Fair is an excellent opportunity to get up close and personal with our dynamic student population and engage with students who are primed to hear more about graduate and professional school programs.