Producing food is an art. Yes, there is skill and technique involved, but without passion, heart and desire, how can we restore the damage we have committed against Mother Nature? Our experience has shown us the sacredness of sustainable farming and Atlanta Harvest is looking for applicants who share this sentiment of going back to our roots, so to speak; to reproduce a sustainable local food system model right here in Atlanta.
Responsibilities of a Farm Livestock and Field Hand include:
- Monitor food and water supplies and distribute feed and water to livestock
- Examine animals to detect illness, injury or disease and treat minor ailments as appropriate
- Keep records on livestock care
- Watering crops and maintaining a working irrigation system
- Planting crops based on crop plans and proper rotation schedules
- Harvesting crops by need or by individual readiness
- Recording all aspects of the farm by instruction of the Farm Manager
- Maintaining a clean and presentable environment by keeping grass cut, garbage collected, and spoiled produce composted
- Fertilizing crops in preparation for production
- Creating and maintaining compost piles in production of soil
- Building infrastructure as needed. Can include building irrigation systems, raised beds, greenhouses, wooden structures, etc.
- Operating machinery at the discretion of management
- A great attitude!
- Be 18 or over
- Smart Phone Access
- Ability to lift 40+ lbs
- Availability on Sundays