As a Children’s Autism Associate at Balance Autism, you are responsible for supporting people with autism (ages 10+) learn new skills and achieve greater independence through data-driven therapy in their homes or out in the community. Skills may be related to hygiene, personal care, building social relationships and networks, communication, vocational, and community involvement as needed.
- Safety: Ensures health/safety needs of the person served are met by communicating concerns or issues related to cleanliness, health and safety, and other needs to the individual and other appropriate staff.
- Program Implementation/Documentation: Participates in the implementation and monitoring of all personalized programs, autism specific strategies, and innovative solutions in order to generate successful outcomes.
- Engagement: Demonstrates appropriate duration of engagement with the individual by conducting natural environment training and direct instruction during the observation.
- Interaction: Engages the individual in social interactions with peers and adults during activities that are appropriate for the repertoire of the individual served.
PART TIME HOURS (10-20 per week):
Most Autism Associate will be working 2-3 hour shifts at a time with a flexible schedule.
- Most shifts would be in the evening between 3:00pm – 8:00pm.
- Daytime hours also available!
If your schedule changes, we are flexible and can also update your work schedule!
- Retirement program with an 8% company match
- Access to huge private discount network, snagging you instant deals of up to 40% off at restaurants, on shopping, and more!
- Growth opportunities
YOU’RE A GOOD FIT FOR THIS POSITION IF…
- You are passionate for people and autism. Helping others gives you satisfaction, even if the person doesn’t express gratitude in return.
- You are a curious learner. As an Autism Associate, you will continually learn new lessons about the nature of human behavior and the brain. Those who are naturally curious will find their work more fulfilling.
- You are engaged. For you, this is more than a job – it’s a career and a passion. You recognize that our work has a profound impact on the families we serve, and you’re passionate about making an impact on their lives while opening new doors for your career. You’re all-in.
- You are data-driven. You recognize that data is essential to our approach. You diligently collect and report data and base your actions on the results.
- You are optimistic. Your work can be stressful and emotionally demanding. But, for the well-being of our clients and our team members, you approach each day with a positive attitude. You also communicate frequently with your supervisor and tell them when you’re feeling overwhelmed.
- 18 years or older
- High school diploma or GED
- Driver’s license and auto insurance
- Pass pre-employment motor vehicle report and criminal background checks
Balance Autism is an equal opportunity employer.