LAYC’s HIV Program provides testing for HIV and support to ensure linkages to health care and social services. The Outreach Specialist is responsible for coordinating all outreach efforts for the program. This includes working with the program coordinator and manager to manage the outreach calendar and testing unit, assisting in reporting, budget maintenance, and tracking data. The Outreach Specialist is also responsible for identifying, developing, and maintaining relationships with community partners.
JOIN US AND SUPPORT YOUTH TO LIVE, WORK, AND STUDY WITH DIGNITY, HOPE, AND JOY!
LAYC/MMYC is an organization that makes a difference in our community. We invite you to join our talented staff and become a part of an organization that is known for its commitment to excellence, mission, and respect for youth. We value diversity as a strength, with 85% of our staff identifying as people of color. We prioritize recruiting and supporting staff who have shared life experiences as our youth.
LAYC/MMYC’s mission is to empower a diverse population of youth to achieve a successful transition to adulthood, through multicultural, comprehensive, and innovative programs that address youths’ social, academic, and career needs. To achieve that mission, LAYC/MMYC provides services and opportunities to approximately 5,000 individuals annually to support academic achievement, promote healthy behaviors, and guide youth toward successful adulthood. LAYC/MMYC also conducts advocacy and public policy work to broaden opportunities for youth.
LOCATION: Riverdale, MD
COMPENSATION: $20.40 per hour
In addition to a friendly work environment, we are pleased to offer the following benefits to our employees.
- Sick Leave accrual
- Assist the HIV Testing Coordinator with the creation of all HIV data reports and invoices related to Testing and Outreach services.
- Attend outreach events throughout the community.
- Seek out and receive requests for possible outreach efforts in MD and at all LAYC locations.
- Coordinate HIV Outreach schedule and create monthly calendar with scheduled outreaching events.
- Ensure all supplies and materials are stocked and inventory logs are updated.
- Maintain the test room/mobile testing unit to standard, ensure that all needed supplies are available for testers and nurse practitioners.
- Ensure that all testing events are staffed appropriately.
- Ensure that the testing locations are up to code, write and update safety measures for both clients and staff.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, site wide meetings, and partner meetings.
- Work with the Wellness Program Manager and HIV Testing Coordinator to maintain the budgets.
- Ensure all critical data is entered into the ETO data system.
- Responsible for keeping track of all outreaches and testing data and submitting a monthly report to the Wellness Program Manager.
- Make appropriate internal and external referrals, ensuring that required services are delivered on a timely basis.
- Assist in other special projects as needed to complete other duties as assigned by the Wellness Program Manager, Deputy Director and Managing Director.
- Adhere to all LAYC personnel policies.
- Attend training/s to become certificated as needed based on the MD and Prince Georges County Health Department requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- HIV Testing certified (certification provided if not certified).
- Valid Driver’s License – Possess and maintain a good driving record.
- Experience working with youth with different backgrounds is a plus.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Knowledge of community and local resources.
- Flexible schedule, including occasional evenings for school events.
- Bilingual or fluent/proficient: English and Spanish required.
- Complete criminal and child abuse/neglect clearances.
- Flexible, energetic, positive individual with commitment to youth development in a high quality, respectful environment.
- Ability to work well and communicate with culturally diverse populations.
- LAYC/MMYC requires the COVID-19 vaccine of all its employees. You will be asked to provide proof of vaccination at the time of your interview and at your onboarding.
This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 10 lbs. May require the ability to travel locally and/or regionally.
LAYC/MMYC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or status within any other protected group.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.