At Perpay, we believe that everyone deserves access to financial stability. Our team is dedicated to building simple, transparent, and inclusive financial products that challenge typical channels of credit and improve the lives of our members. Our core product helps traditionally underserved consumers significantly improve their credit simply by shopping for the things they want and need. Here are a few things we’re especially excited about:
– We currently have over 4 million members
– Our average member credit score increase is 39 points!
– We’re supported by world-class partners like First Round Capital & JP Morgan
– We were ranked the 5th fastest-growing company in the country by INC Magazine (2019)
Our office, located in the heart of Philadelphia, is home to a talented & diverse group of people. Our team comes to work every day inspired to build life-changing products for our growing customer base and have fun while doing it. Join us as we transform the credit landscape.
We’re searching for talented, passionate Business Operations Specialists to serve as the face of Perpay to our rapidly growing customer base. In this role, you will gain exposure to several professional development tracks including Marketing, Commerce, and Accounting & Finance.
As you rotate through multiple core functional areas, we will challenge you to elevate your contribution and shape the future of our platform. A Business Operations Specialist acts as Perpay’s eyes and ears, a liaison between the customer and internal teams.
Who We’re Looking For:
- A recent grad; you are passionate about exploring multiple professional development tracks
- A self-starter; you are enthusiastic and excel at taking initiative
- A communicator; you are an excellent articulator when setting customer, vendor, and team member expectations
- A stickler for details; you are organized, attentive, and focused
- A positive force; you are optimistic, high-energy, and confident
- A chameleon; you welcome and thrive on change
- A rising star; you dream to continuously grow and develop
- A contrarian; you take no process as given, but rather question the “why”
Your initial responsibilities include:
- Operate multiple channels of communication (live chat, email, phone, etc.) to support Perpay’s customer base in their journey towards greater financial access
- Drive key business outcomes that facilitate growth (sign-ups, activations, conversion, retention, referrals) by understanding and responding to customer questions and observations
- Bridge information between customers and our growing network of dropship vendors, leveraging vendor communication to resolve various supply chain issues
- Identify areas of improvement in customer-facing platforms and pain-points in internal procedures
- Capture and quantify user feedback to inform projects centered on user experience improvement
- As you show skill in handling workload, you will be challenged to think critically about your professional trajectory as a team member
You will grow into the following responsibilities:
- Build and carry out commerce processes, including customer returns, exchanges, and shipment claims
- Execute daily payment reconciliation, ensuring the successful transfer of payments from operating accounts to individual Perpay customer accounts
- Facilitate vendor relationships, manage the storefront catalog and addition of new products
- Collaborate with the Account Management Team on borrower trends, portfolio performance, and more.
- Grow and maintain an internal database of employers and payroll systems that support our direct deposit split mechanism, underscoring our ability to penetrate existing total addressable market
- Explore brand/marketing content, ranging from creative development and design to reputation management
- Undergraduate degree (BA/BS)
- Completed undergraduate studies no earlier than June, 2019
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Please note – this application requires both resume & cover letter from interested candidates
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work with one of the fastest-growing financial startups in the country
- Competitive Salary + Equity
- 401k with Company Match
- Health / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Public Transportation Subsidy
- Student Loan Assistance
- Relocation Assistance
- Unlimited PTO
- We just moved into our brand new home at 2400 Market Street in Philadelphia. Our new office incorporates all the best aspects of our first home (espresso bar, full kitchen, work/lounge space) in a riverfront setting with iconic Philadelphia Art Museum views.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We don’t work with recruiters – please contact us or apply directly.